Sunday, March 05, 2006

So how did you spend your Sunday afternoon?

Whyyy dismantling the front suspension of a Lakota of course.















It's hard to tell from the picture, but I got the two knuckles (or spindles) off. It was pretty easy actually. ATVs, unlike cars, while subjected to lots of mud and water, do not suffer from any exposure to road salt. This makes dismantling of their suspensions easier.

Also, I inspected the front suspension of my truck which has been making awful creaking noises for a bunch of months now.

I knew it was balljoints. I just didn't know how many, although I had figured on replacing all four. Well, good for me because technically only one HAS to be replaced. The one making the creaking noises. The lower balljoint on the passenger side. I am going to replace both of them on that side however. The boots on both of them are ruined, which is why one of them has gone bad I assume. The lower joint is the one making all of the noise, but I might as well replace the upper one also since its boot has been busted too. The previous owner must haved had some work done to that side of the truck and the mechanic wrecked the boots on the joints. The other side of the truck is fine. Great.

2 comments:

Rob said...

The parts should arrive just in time to occupy another whole weekend.

gagknee said...

awesome