Tuesday, March 14, 2006

New Neighbors

So, we have some new neighbors that moved in across the street a month or two ago. I had never spoken to them because of my fear of meeting new people and my fear of new people asking me to do favors for them.

My wife had spoken to the girlfriend (they're not married) a few weeks ago and said she was friendly and they have a 9 month old daughter.

Last night I came home from work and there was a strange women sitting on my couch. "Hi," I said. Then it clicked. New neighbor.

The baby was there too. She's cute, and the same size as my 14 month old son. She's not big its just that he's in the 5th percentile for height.

Anyway, I sat down in the living room to be friendly. She's talking away and I noticed that she has a southern accent. I asked her where they were from. She says we moved here from Rotchester. Crickets chirping. Awkward silence. I smile and nod my head. Apparently, she wasn't aware of her accent. Maybe I just got confused, it could have just been a Gonic accent.

Next she said that she taped the finale of Beauty and the Geek 2 and if I wanted to borrow it, because she knows I watch it. Huh? What? I've seen it twice. It turns out that she can see our TV from her porch. Just great. My mind quickly scans through everything I have watched in the past month. The 40 Year Old Virgin is the only thing that comes to mind as being "questionable".

Later on she says, "Hey do guys have some sort of Simpsons channel?" "Um, I have Seasons 1-7 on DVD," I replied. "Because it seems like everytime I am out on my porch smoking you guys seem to be watching it."

I am officially freaked out now. And this does NOT help me come over my fear of new neighbors.

Oh yeah, she also commented on how I must have been dragging at work today because I had been out fixing my truck until 11:30. Stop it already! Spy on me if you must, but don't tell me about it.

7 comments:

YouWho said...

That reminds me: Do you have town sewer or septic? And if its septic have you had it checked? Or have you ever had any problems? I just wonder because I notice when you're on the toilet you use an awful lot of toilet paper and I notice its the two-ply scented stuff with the little quilts on it and my Daddy always told me that was bad for the poop tank and so when I noticed how you were balling it up like that I thought well yowee he's a gonna have to get that there tank pumped sumthin fierce like which is why my beau and I well he just said we should use the woods but I just hang off the porch when I'm smokin and watchin the Simpsons ya know... hey where ya goin?

Rob said...

Wait until she becomes friends with you MIL... then the real fun will start.

gagknee said...

youwho - Ahahahahahaha...Funniest comment ever.

rob - [shudder]

Big A said...

My wife is always worried that our neighbors can see inside our windows. In an effort to combat this, I walk around naked. Anybody that would otherwise be inclined to peek in my windows must know that they risk seeing me.

This is a foolproof plan. If you want to hire me to walk around your house naked, I am free tuesdays and Thursdays.

gagknee said...

What's your fee? haha

Big A said...

I don't know. Nobody has ever actually taken me up on that before.

gagknee said...

Ahh, with good cause.