Friday, March 10, 2006

Oh Crud

I haven't felt like posting much today. Besides the fact that the depressive side of my manic depressive personality has reared its ugly head (my sincerest apologies to those of you with actual diagnosed manic depressiveness, I don't know how else to describe it), I just had a really crummy day. Crummy.

I have one project that I've done in ASP.NET (one, two actually, in VB.NET too, but thats neither here nor there). Today I discovered I need to make enhancements to that application. That's fine. I actually like using .NET, besides the learning curve of course, but they tell me they need it done by the 28th. Sure, fine. Despite the fact that the person in my company who requested the enhancements is white and American yet can't form coherent sentences (Bill Davis) I know I can get it done. Except for the fact that the both of our companies meat and potatoes applications, our Special Education Management software, the web (my primary responsibility) and windows versions, are both going to be converted to .NET (well, started) April 1st. We have 5 months of relatively product-manager-interference-free time to do this, but I have things I need to do to the old ASP version to make the transition easier in the mean time. Ugh. Oh well. Suck it up.

Today I worked on creating an error handling page in .NET that will save the error information to a database which my VB.NET program alerts me too. Yay. That was the easy part.

I'm rambling. I know nobody cares.

Maybe my brother can get me a job in pest control.

Besides that, other things transpired that make me want to run away and join a cult in Montana. I bet there's some good riding out there too. And I could wear a cowboy hat...

2 comments:

YouWho said...

You still work with Bill Davis???

Anonymous said...

I don't think the whole Montana thing is a good idea....I'm not sure a cowboy hat would suit you...plus you'd be real far away from the BoSox......