Tuesday, March 07, 2006

My Wallet

I am notorious for losing my wallet, which is why I don't keep any money in it. My wallet has been missing for a week and a half. It was the victim of a pre-showing cleaning and it got stashed somewhere. The only thing I did have in it was my debit card. For whatever reason known only by my guardian angel, my license, library card, AAA card and Home Depot card were all in my jacket. Just not my debit card. So annoying. I felt like my father in law.

This reminds me of the time (and the #2 reason why I don't keep money in my wallet) when I was 15 and I had $80 in my wallet and it got "lost". I scoured the house for weeks looking for my wallet. Eighty bucks is a LOT of money for a 15 year old. Well lo and behold my mother had taken it to borrow the money. She had planned on replacing the money and making the wallet magically reappear. Little did she know that I, as a 15 year old, would become frantic and obsessed with finding my WALLET and my MONEY.

That reminds me of the time when I was 16. I had a job and I was trying to save up to buy a car. I worked hard washing dishes at a nursing home, getting up at 5:30, riding my ten speed from Stackpole Rd. in Somersworth to Glenwood in Dover. To make a long story short, I "saved" 600 bucks by August, and I almost couldn't buy the car I wanted because my mother had borrowed all of it during the course of the summer.

Whatever my Dad did to get that 600 bucks so I could buy my Regal I appreciate it. Even if he doesn't know it.

5 comments:

mike gagne said...

i also dont use wallets for the same reason. i lost $20 when i was 14 because my wallet fell out of my pocket somewhere. its also uncomfortable to sit on a wallet.

and mom still does that. luckilly i dont make any money though.

gagknee said...

yep. it is uncomfortable which is why unless i am wearing cargo pants i usually keep it in the door storage bin in my truck...

um, yeah.

Big A said...

um, if you don't keep anything IN your wallet, and you don't carry it around with you, then why do you even have one?

gagknee said...

normally i would have all my various cards in their. just no cash.

mike gagne said...

same here.