Monday, March 06, 2006

Neighbor Lady

While I am on the subject of the neighbor lady, let me tell you a little story. About three months ago she dropped off a scanner and 2 printers and said, "Here sell that on eBay and give me the money."

Have I sold it yet? Nah. She bugs me. A lot. And I am just making sure that she never ever expects me to sell something on eBay for her again.

Why don't I just tell her that I don't want to sell her crap on eBay? Well, since you asked, there are two reasons. One, I find it really fun to blow her off and two, she is the kind of neighbor who could and would really make my life miserable if she wanted to. Oh crap. Maybe I should just sell her stuff. Eh, maybe tomorrow.

What does she do that bugs me so bad? Again, since you asked, let me give you some examples. My wife graciously babysat her grandson one day (this grandson is a whole 'nuther post) and she paid us with clothes that she bought at Goodwill. Hmm, whats a good second example. She's a packrat and she finally cleaned out her closet and decided it would be a good idea to give my wife tons of UGLY eighties clothes. Mind you, this woman is about 200 lbs and 5-8 and my wife is about 115 and 5-2. Even though we didn't want them and expressed that to her. We just sucked it up and took them. After my wife and I were done laughing at some of the hideous designs, my wife took them to Goodwill. A couple months later the neighbor had a change of heart and asked for her clothes back!

Ugh. GO AWAY! I can't wait until we move and discover new neighbors that will drive us crazy. At least they will be new.

No comments: