Friday, March 03, 2006

What the ... Did You Do?!

You've all heard or experienced the stories where a child gets a hold of a pair of scissors and cuts their own hair into some grotesque hairdo.

I had considered myself lucky because to this point I hadn't experienced that yet with my own kids. The oldest never did that. The middle child, Alyssa, hadn't yet and we figured her out of the stage of life where she would do that since she is 3 1/2 years old. An incident the other night where she cut a section out of her pajamas notwithstanding.

So anyway, she cut her hair tonight. Chopped it actually. Mutilated it really. Not only that, she chopped her youngest brothers hair too! I've never heard of that happening before. What possesses kids to do this? I DON'T GET IT.

I was watching TV 11 feet away. The two of them were in her room, playing. I thought they were okay. Call me naive if you must, but I had put away all of the known scissors in the house. Credit her father-like ingenuity at finding a pair.

I can only imagine the conversation that passed between her and the boy.

"Aaron, I want to make your hair handsome," said Alyssa.

"Ok," said Aaron in his head since he doesn't speak English.

Ugh.

9 comments:

mike gagne said...

remember when our cousin emilie did that and they had to give her a butch buzz-cut?

well hopefully alyssa's isnt that bad.

YouWho said...

She did it to impress you. She thought you'd appreciate if her hair looked like Eowyn (with helmet head) and her brother like an uruk-hai. Or is it more Smeagol?

gagknee said...

hers isn't that bad. a hairdresser should be able to make it look okay.

I was going to take her today but I couldn't find my wallet...

gagknee said...

Riiight.

He's got the Smeagol look going on.

Big A said...

Did you take any pictures?

gagknee said...

No not yet.

I wasn't thinking straight in the aftermath.

We were able to fix her hair. It doesn't look too bad actually.

mike gagne said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
mike gagne said...

i think she looks like one of those european woman who got punished for sleeping with the nazis during world war 2.

(just jokin)

gagknee said...

riight. from band of brothers.

i'm going to kill you too.