Sunday, February 19, 2006

Fade to Black

I believe there are two kinds of people in this world. People who like Metallica and people who dont know that they like Metallica.

I fall into the category of 1A. I like Metallica, but its been a long time since I listened to them.

My entire Metallica collection was stolen from my car around 1994ish. I never replaced them.

Years went by but I just didn't feel like shelling out the dough to replace them all. Even though in the back of my mind I knew I wanted to.

Heavy Metal is soooo eighties I told myself. New bands stole my heart. I like Phish, the Dead, the Allman Brothers, Cream and Jimi Hendrix now, I said to the voice in my head. Not to mention all of the new stuff, the White Stripes, etc. (Please note, I ALWAYS liked Led Zeppelin. Always. Pre and post Metallica.)

Alas, I borrowed Ride the Lightning and Master of Puppets from the woman at work whose cube I execute random acts of mayhem against and I am hooked once again.

Fade to Black, Master of Puppets, Sanitarium, For Whom the Bell Tolls, Battery...

Ahh, it takes me back. To be 19 again...ugh. Screw that. I don't ever want to be 19 again. Yuck.

Twenty-nine was cool. I'll stick with that. Actually, 27 was better. Yeah. 27.

1 comment:

mike gagne said...

metallica has been horrible since 1999, so you havent missed out on a whole lot.

seek and destroy is another favorite of mine.