Tuesday, February 07, 2006

You're not allowed to watch The Simpsons?

Saturday after Aaron's birthday party I decided to throw in The Simpsons season 7. Well, my son Tommy's previously mentioned friend was over and he said that he wasn't allowed to watch The Simpsons. Huh? What? I was flabbergasted.

My confusion was not because he wasn't allowed to watch the Simpsons, that I can understand, but at the fact that this kid watches, plays, collects, and reads every piece of crap cartoon that has ever come out of Japan (not to mention the whole Back Street Boys incident). The first thing he says every time we see him is "Today I got the new [insert crappy japanese trading cards here]" or "Today I beat the new [insert crappy japanese video game here]" or "Today I watched the new [insert crappy japanese cartoon here]". Ugh. It drives me nuts. And just for the record, while my kids do watch The Simpsons, its only when I am around because I know which episodes are acceptable to children, and they are NOT allowed to become involved in any of that Japanese crap.

Oh yeah, since he's not allowed to watch The Simpsons I made him and Tommy to go play on the porch.

No comments: