Thursday, February 23, 2006

Hey, that looks like a good deal

The funny thing about this house is my wife and I actually looked at it 8 years ago the last time it was for sale.

We didn't like it then when it was only $74,900 and we definitely don't like it now at $169,900. Besides just being an overall dump (although that doesn't really discourage me), it only had one bathroom, on the first floor, and the "yard" was actually just a 5 foot perimeter around the house. Plus, I felt an evil presence in the living room. There were other things about it we didn't like too. If I remember correctly, I think there were some creepy neighbors, although its Rotchester so thats pretty hard to avoid.

Other than new shingles around the bottom of the porch it doesn't look like they've done anything to it. Its even the same color. Who knows what they did on the inside, but I am guessing nothing since even though the value of the house has more than doubled, $170K is still pretty flippin' cheap nowadays.

By the way, I was just kidding about the evil presence.

Of course, the present owners wife is probably going to find this post and start to cry because I made fun of her house and possibly discouraged some buyers. And then her husband is going to track me down and roundhouse kick me until I can't tell my crack from my cranum. Oh well.

5 comments:

Rob said...

That house has weird windows... that is a sure sign of evil.

gagknee said...

Yeah. The Amityville horror house had weird windows too.

Rob said...

Exactly.

Big A said...

1089 sq feet? That can't be much bigger than your current house

gagknee said...

yeah, might be a little less actually.