Monday, February 06, 2006

So I drove a Honda Ridgeline this weekend....

And I wasn't let down. Its just a beautiful piece of machinery. It handles well and the ergonomics are superb.

I am always amazed when I see a Honda vehicle, the Odyssey or Element for example, at the attention to details. Honda gets all the little things right. They think of everything and nothing is just tacked on.

I was a little disappointed at the power though. It just seemed like 250 hp should accelerate faster.Don't get me wrong, it was much faster than my current truck which I can out run 0-25, but my current truck also has a surprising amount of low end torque which is good for hauling 3 ATVs to West Virginia. I'm sure the Honda can haul 3 ATVs too, but just the fact that I am wondering about it is too bad.

But anyway, if at all possible (i.e. money) there will be a Ridgeline in my driveway someday.

3 comments:

soccerkcs said...

So, you're giving up the Dodge? Hearing about a 1st black Ridgeline is weird comparing to a 4th black Dodge Dakota.

Big A said...

The only reason Andy ever bought a dodge in the first place is because Honda didn't make one.

gagknee said...

arik pretty much hit the nail on the head.

although, i also think the current generation of Dakota is ugly too.

we'll see. i love Dakotas and money is always an issue (Dakotas are cheap used), so i wouldn't be surprised to see another black Dakota parked in my driveway in 3 years.