Monday, June 12, 2006

The Birthday Party

My wife was forced to go to Lurleen's daughters first birthday on Sunday. I couldn't because I had softball practice. I offered to stay with her, but she isn't the kind of woman who would do that.

I was a little disappointed though, because I really did want to see the inside of their trailer, and see what kind of people would show up. Most of what she told me wouldn't translate well to blog form, but I do have a couple of tidbits.

While getting the tour of house, she noticed their bathtub didn't have a shower curtain. Thinking that kind of odd, she asked how they keep the water from getting all over the floor. They don't take showers, just baths, was the reply.

There was also a woman there with three kids, the youngest, 2 1/2 years old, was being breast fed when my wife arrived. The middle child my wife actually mistook for a girl. He had long long blond hair, he was wearing paisley capris with fringe at the cuffs, and he was named after a constellation.

4 comments:

skape7 said...

Now I have nothing against breastfeeding in public and if someone chooses to breastfeed their child until said child is in college then by all means, that is their choice. But PERSONALLY I believe if the child is old enough to ASK for it then they are TOO OLD!!!

mike gagne said...

dont they run out of milk eventually?

gagknee said...

nope, i dont think so. not until they stop using them for a little while.

skape7 said...

that's right.