Monday, June 26, 2006

More Squam, Scott

The Squamscot website describes this soda as "a wonderful blend of lemon and grapefruit creating a thirst quenching drink." That sounds good, but grapefruit I do not like. Despise it really. Pretty much anything that is edible, I will eat, but not the vile fruit with the word "grape" deceptively placed in its name. So the reason why I tried Half and Half was to get it out of the way. Be done with it. To end the taunting and teasing, the self doubt and lack of confidence this evil concoction was placing upon me. To prove my courage, two were bought. To be drunk in succession.

A funny thing happened though. I liked it. Loved it really. I would buy it again even. Recommend it to my friends and scream from the mountaintops how delicious and refreshing and thirst quenching it is. I want one right now.

5 comments:

Big A said...

Here's a funny fact - if you google "Squamscott Soda" the first thing that comes up is your blog, not the company's website.

mike gagne said...

because there is only one t in squamscot.

gagknee said...

oops. both are funny facts. hehe.

i'll fix that...

Rob said...

Wow, it even ranks higher than Creamy Orange.

gagknee said...

yeah. i agonized over that decision. basically it came down to imagining myself sitting on my front porch in the sweltering heat (well, not around here anyway, we dont have sweltering heat, just dampness) and thinking that I could drink more half and halfs in one sitting than creamy orange.