Wednesday, June 07, 2006

First Idiot Sitting

Yeah, my title is stupid. Get over it.

Anybody watch Last Comic Standing last night? I did and the 5 people they picked to move into "the house" are not the 5 that I would have picked (well two of them I would have) but whatever, it was and will continue to be funny.

One of the comics has cerebral palsy and he was easily the funniest comic of the night. After telling a few jokes and getting the audience laughing, he delivered his best line, "I hope you all know you are going to hell for laughing at me."

Some of you are going to label me a misogynist or a homophobe, but there are two kinds of comics that I generally don't like, women and gays. Whoa, whoa, whoa calm down. This is strictly related to the funnyness quotient®.

Women comics only talk about three things, their periods, how much they hate their boyfriends, and how much they hate their fathers. However, I will say when the rare female comic breaks out of this mold, she can be quite funny. There was one last night who I thought was really funny. Her routine was all about her father. Not how much she hated him, but just the funny things that old school dad's say. Unfortunately, she did not make it to "the house".

Gay comics only joke about one thing, homophobes. That's it. Gee, you are so funny. I can't wait to catch you on Ellen.

4 comments:

Big A said...

You forgot to specifically bash Gay Women Comics.

gagknee said...

Yeah, and also, Any Comic from Jersey. There I just offended Kreblog (if I remember correctly thats where he's from, but then again he may agree)

Big A said...

Oh yeah, conversely, any comic that routinely makes fun of people from Jersey is gold.

Jersey is one of the places in this country that has absolutely no redeeming qualities whatsoever.

Rob said...

The funniest line was from the cerebal palsy guy when he was asked why he wanted to be a comic. "It's not like I could be a traffic cop."