Thursday, June 22, 2006

Dreamy Creamy Orange

Oh man oh man. This flavor of Squamscot soda is amazing. I know I said that I was going to try the Maple Cream, but I grabbed a bottle of this on a whim. It's just like a creamsicle. Not being one to overdramatize a drink like a wine connoisseur (I know, wine is a little bit more complex than soda), but the two flavors were very distinct as if they didn't mix together well. I could swish around a mouthful and feel the difference between the heavier cream syrup and the lighter orange syrup. The vanilla flavor would linger for a second or two after swallowing this divine mixture.

Ok. I'm done. Enough of that. I liked the creamy orange. When I've tried all the flavors and rank them all, don't be surprised if creamy orange is in the top 3.

9 comments:

Big A said...

You have made me want to try this stuff out. I tried to go buy some today, so I went to a store that I remembered from their website, but I could not find any sqamscott soda. talk about Disappointment!!!!!

gagknee said...

where'd you go?

i know the website says they sell it at borderline, but that might have been before it was bought by Pakistanis.

Big A said...

The Rt 11 Getty in Rochester. I might try Tuttle's Red Barn in Dover on my way home from work tonight. Kind of out of my way though.

Crap. I WAS figuring that if worse comes to worse I can get some at Borderline next time we have a game at Noble 6. So much for that.

gagknee said...

they might have it at borderline i didn't check. i just assumed thats where you had gone and wasn't surprised that they didn't have it.

mike gagne said...

your description of how the ingredients didnt mix makes it sound gross.

Big A said...

Drove by Tuttle's last night at 7, but they were closed. I am convinced that I will never get to try one of the delicious treats.

Big A said...

I went to Borderline and they did not have it. argh!!!!

gagknee said...

i guess i'll never get a job on The Phantom Gourmet then, mike.

gagknee said...

thats the problem with calefs too. they close at 6 or 530 or something.

i'm really surprised its not available in more locations. maybe thats on purpose.