Thursday, June 22, 2006

Officewood

My wife and I just finished watching Season 1 of Deadwood. Actually, it was my 2nd time watching the first season and I was successful in getting her hooked, so watching it twice was worth it. Now, we can proceed to season 2. A lot of people don't like Westerns, but for many movies or shows in that genre you need to put aside your prejudices against cowboy hats and saloons and six shooters and just appreciate the story. Deadwood is an excellent show and I would recommend it to anyone with one warning: The language is filthy. The language is filthy. The language is filthy. So don't go rent Season 1 and sit down on the couch with your children and your mother and your MIL and your MIL's best friend and the pastor of your church and the sweet little old lady from down the street thinking you are going to get a modern day version of High Noon because you are not. You have been fairly warned.

The Office (Original British Version) arrived from NetFlix yesterday too. Wow. It's good. I can't believe I waited this long to watch it. I'm not going to make any comparisons or judgements as to which version is better, except that I think the OBV (Original British Version) is perhaps more realistic, the characters that is, and the NAV (New American Version) is more cartoonish and over the top.



No comments: