Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Fabulous Movie Review

Waiting...

Wow. I guess you could call this movie funny. I guess I could call you retarded too. It's all in your perspective.

Waiting... is funny at times. Waiting... also attempts to be funny a lot and just isn't. Don't believe the hype. It is not as good as Office Space and it certainly can't compare to Harold and Kumar Go to White Castle.

Maybe I'm just getting old, but genitalia just isn't as funny to me as it used to be. And actually, I feel a little dumber after watching this movie. Like my status as Smartest of the Dumb Guys® is in jeopardy. My whole army of dullards and dimwits is going to revolt. I may need to take javascript off my resume too as I can't seem to remember any of it. Oh well. The world is a much better place without javascript anyway.

2 1/2 stars out of 5

9 comments:

Big A said...

I have heard that Waiting is really funny for people who have worked in a restaurant, but only marginally funny for the rest of the world. Maybe you just lackt he proper perspective.

I have not seen it yet, but having worked too many years as a restaraunt manager, I plan to check it out - after I have finished watching all of the available seasons of 24 on DVD, of course.

Rob said...

Andy worked at Strafford Farms. I trust his judgement.

stendy said...

ooohhhh, akerberg -- big time restaurant manager, huh? Giovanni's really put you on the map!

gagknee said...

yeah! thanks rob.

Big A said...

who are you?

I'm sorry, but the phrase "big time" and "restaurant manager" never ever go together. Even at places bigger than Giovannis.

I have worked other places as well. I forgot Andy worked at Strafford farms.

stendy said...

sorry! didn't mean for you to take offense Big A. Just speaking as a fellow giovanni's shift manager. Personally, I've tried to put the whole experience behind me.

Big A said...

no offense taken - I was just trying to figure out who you were. Not many regular readers know much about that part of my life.

YouWho said...

But without Javascript there would be no AJAX -- which means no Google Maps!

gagknee said...

Google Maps is the best!