Friday, June 16, 2006

bizzy

I have been so bizzy at work lately (this post was originally intended for Tuesday) that I haven't been able to post much lately. I used to do posting during server downtime or when compiling something or copying a bunch of files or when I was in a meeting or eating lunch, but now I've been using that time to complete other tasks. Plus, I have been training a new programmer we hired here.

A couple of weeks ago we had this realignment amongst our small group of IT/Programming type people. Our boss was reassigned to his own special project and
each of us was then assigned to our own new boss based on what the bulk of our work entailed. So, 5 programmers and 5 bosses. Actually 6, including these bosses boss. And any of these bosses can now tell any one of us what to do now, because they don't
have to go through our old ONE boss to get to us. Kinda sounds like Office Space.

Anyway, I told you all that for a purpose.

We have a new programmer. She seems pretty bright, which led me to exclaim to my boss that I am tired of them hiring people who are smarter than me. She is a Visual Basic programmer. She programs using Visual Basic. They decided to give her this ASP.NET project that I kinda do on the side.

She does not know ASP or ASP.NET or even HTML for that matter. And they told her she has two months to get the project done. Thats what happens when a salesman hires a programmer.

3 comments:

Brian said...

It just code right?

Where have all the good developers gone to? If I have to go through one more interview where the candidate is asked: "what did you specifically do on this project" and they keep answering with "we"... "we" build this front end... "we" designed this web service.

WHAT THE FRIG DID "YOU" DO!!!

(sorry, I had to get that out)

Big A said...

All the good developers still have their jobs and aren't out looking for new ones.

gagknee said...

Its ok, kreblog, vent all you want :)

Oh, and after spending two and a half days with this woman, I now believe that I am smarter than her, so, um thats good I guess.