Friday, June 16, 2006

New Goal in Life

Life is messy and complicated. Goals you have set for yourself may have become seemingly out of reach and unattainable resulting in depression or despondency. Therefore, I have set a new easy goal for myself this summer designed to lift my spirits and bring minutes of joy to my heart.

I decided upon this goal yesterday as I was returning from Landry's Junk Yard, excuse me, Auto Salvage, after getting a part for my wife's van. Deep in thought trying to figure out why my truck won't idle and shuts off at every stop light if I dont keep my foot on the pedal, I did just that, forgot to keep my foot on the pedal and stalled it turning onto Rte 9. I pulled into Calef's and decided to get myself a couple of Squamscot sodas.

Once inside while staring at the diverse selection of flavors I decided that I was going to try every flavor they make over the course of the summer. This is my goal. Should be pretty simple and easily attainable. Unless Calef's burns down or Squamscot goes out of business.

So, with what flavors did I choose to begin my summer quest? Birch Beer and Grape.

I hate birch beer. It tastes like wintergreen. I hate wintergreen. But thats okay. Perseverance is part of reaching any goal. It builds character.

The grape soda was delicious. I could have drank two.

Stay tuned...next up is Black Cherry.

4 comments:

Rob said...

I bet they have orange and root beer and creme.... Mmmmmmmm - tasty goooooaaaals.

Your truck may need an oxygen sensor. Although, my Dakota does the same thing when I attach jumper cables to it... it's very odd.

gagknee said...

mmm. yes they do. they even have creamy orange which must be a mix of the two.

yeah, i thought it might be that. i tried changing the spark plugs last night, but i couldn't get the wires off and was afraid of damaging them. tonight i'm going to get new wires so i dont have to worry about it.

skape7 said...

What a brilliant idea for a goal - not only easy but fun and yummy too! I'm definately going to keep this kind of thing in mind when making up my new years resolutions for next year.

gagknee said...

it should be fun, i just hope i enjoy the other flavors more than birch beer.