Saturday, June 03, 2006

Kip Journal 2/11/1999

Kip wants to "shoot some stick" tonight with Jared. Whatever that means.

Jared says that "shoot some stick" means "play pool" in Kip-esque supercool vernacular.

(in his head) "I'll repeat whatever Jared or Andy says so that they will think I am cool and will think that I know what I am talking about." (out loud) "Yeah, Dickey Betts is the man," (and in his head), "Oooh, cool I think its working!"

A Lesson in Kip-speak

suds = beer Ex. Hey Jared are we going to jam and drink suds tomorrow?
jam = play guitar Ex. See above
pooched = down Ex. The server is pooched
shoot some stick = play pool Ex. Hey Jared are we going to shoot some stick"

I have been very successful in creating the illusion that the nickname Kip is something we call Rob 2, when in fact we all know the truth. I cannot express enough how much fun it is to say out loud during a normal working day, "Man, Kip's such an idiot!"

No comments: