Thursday, June 29, 2006

Please No More Billy Idol!

"You know, Fox turned into a hard-core sex channel so gradually, I didn't even notice" - Marge Simpson

"You know, WFNX turned into an 80's and 90's hard rock station so gradually, I didn't even notice" - Gagknee

Admittedly I don't listen to that radio station much anymore because the stereo in my truck can play a CD of MP3s or ye olde iPod can be plugged into it also, so maybe I have just been unlucky with the DJs that have been on the air at those times. But it seems to me that they have been playing a lot of crap lately. Stuff you could hear on WHEB if you were so inclined. I started listening to WFNX 3 or 4 years ago during my commutes to Manchester when Greg and the Morning Buttheads almost drove me to suicide. FNX was great because it was different, and it probably still is, just not when I am listening to it anymore.

If I was a DJ at FNX my rule of thumb for picking out my songs for the day would be, "Would this be played on WHEB?" or WWGD (What Would Greg Do) and then do the exact opposite.

Hmmm, should I play Alive by Pearl Jam? What would Greg do?

No comments: